In our last swap, my partner Dee sent me a little calendar with a simple hint on each page. Here are a few of my favourites:
1. When you're finished with something, put it back where it belongs.
2. Work out what cards you need throughout the year and make them, or buy them, in advance
3. Keep receipts in one place
4. Walk away from gossip
5. Buy clothing you can mix and match
6. Keep a list of odd jobs to be done
7. Lay your clothes out the night before
8. Have everyone have their own bath towel and beach towel
9. Shop for Christmas all year round
10. Keep your car clean and full of fuel
11. Sort your groceries as you put them in your trolley and as you put them through the checkout to make unpacking easier
12. It's easier to stay healthy than to try and reclaim your health once you are ill
13. Buy extra when things are on sale
14. Plan ahead
15. Use a family calendar
16. Establish a plan for emergencies
17. Re- wear your clothes if they are not dirty
18. Teach your children to manage their own money
19. Have a gift wrap box
20. Have an annual retreat to renew your soul
If you have been around here for a while, you know that I love to look to the old ways to find wisdom to apply to a modern world. I ...
“Do not ask your children to strive for extraordinary lives. Such striving may seem admirable, but it is the way of foolis...
When I first start blogging in 2007 - no-one knew what a blog was. I can remember showing someone once who said 'oh that's ridicu...
I was lucky enough to be interview recently by Gavin from 'The Greening of Gavin'. It was so much fun chatting with Gavin an...